Last Updated on March 21, 2022 by MBA Gateway Team
- You are a brand! Invest in conducting a brand audit and begin today to manage your personal brand. Not only will it help you land admission into a top business school, but it will also help you live your life in a meaningful, focused way. Don’t forget to live your life with passion, guts, impact, and insight.
- Know the brands of the MBA programs and research them to ensure a fit with the programs you end up selecting.
- The essays are critical to gaining admission to elite business schools. Successful applications have well-executed essays that have the following six characteristics: compelling, captivating, consistent, credible, concise, and clear.
- Brand champions can make or break an admission, so choose wisely and invest in cultivating recommenders who will become raving fans.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of the interview; it is your chance to make a strong impression on the Admissions Board. Preparation and practice will enable you to sell your brand successfully to the Admissions Board.
- Understand the three admissions criteria: leadership, academics, and unique brand differentiation. Know what your strengths are and where you fall short. Commit to plugging the holes in your candidacy, whether it is gaining more leadership experience, taking business classes, retaking the GMAT, or simply developing your personal brand to become an appealing candidate.
The good news is that you don’t have to be a rock star to get admitted to your dream school. Getting in involves doing your research, tailoring your story to fit the program’s brand, and capitalizing on your unique brand differentiation. Embrace your brand, give yourself enough time to market your story, and do it right the first time. I wish all of you well as you brand your way to success!