Last Updated on March 4, 2023 by MBA Gateway Team
This article is a part-of ‘MBA Careers’ Series
Best MBA programs for a Career in Public Relations
If you’re interested in a career in public relations (PR), an MBA can be a valuable asset. An MBA in PR can provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in this field. Here are some of the best MBA programs for a career in public relations:
- Stern School of Business – New York University: Stern’s MBA program offers a specialization in marketing, which includes courses in PR. The program focuses on strategic marketing, brand management, and market research, all of which are relevant to a career in PR.
- Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern University: Kellogg’s MBA program has a marketing major that includes courses in PR. The program focuses on marketing strategy, consumer behavior, and communication, which are all essential skills for a career in PR.
- Haas School of Business – University of California, Berkeley: Haas’s MBA program offers a marketing concentration that includes courses in PR. The program emphasizes the importance of branding and communication and provides students with the skills needed to create effective PR campaigns.
- Columbia Business School – Columbia University: Columbia’s MBA program has a marketing concentration that includes courses in PR. The program focuses on brand management, consumer behavior, and marketing communications, which are all important skills for a career in PR.
Here are four tips for getting the most out of an MBA program if you’re interested in a career in PR:
- Take advantage of relevant coursework: Make sure to take courses in PR, branding, marketing communications, and related topics to gain the skills you need for a successful PR career.
- Build your network: Connect with alumni, professors, and professionals in the field to learn about job opportunities and gain insights into the industry.
- Get hands-on experience: Look for opportunities to work on PR campaigns or projects for real clients. This will provide you with practical experience and help build your portfolio.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: Stay current with the latest trends and best practices in PR by reading industry publications, attending conferences, and participating in professional organizations. This will help you stay competitive and succeed in your career.