Last Updated on March 4, 2023 by MBA Gateway Team
This article is a part-of ‘MBA Careers’ Series
Best MBA programs for a Career in Sales
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in sales, an MBA degree can equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in this field. MBA programs can provide you with a broad business education, with a focus on sales and marketing. Here are some of the best MBA programs for a career in sales:
- Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management: Kellogg offers an MBA in Marketing, which is a popular choice for those interested in sales careers. The program focuses on consumer behavior, product management, pricing, and distribution strategies.
- University of Michigan Ross School of Business: The Ross School of Business offers an MBA in Marketing that covers a wide range of marketing topics, including sales, market research, branding, and consumer behavior.
- Columbia Business School: Columbia offers an MBA in Marketing that prepares students for a variety of marketing and sales careers. The program emphasizes marketing strategy, consumer behavior, and analytics.
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business: Darden offers an MBA in Marketing and Sales that focuses on the application of marketing principles in the business world. Students learn how to analyze customer needs and preferences, develop marketing plans, and manage sales teams.
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School: Wharton offers an MBA in Marketing that provides students with a broad business education, with a focus on marketing and sales. The program covers topics such as consumer behavior, pricing strategies, and digital marketing.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for a career in sales:
- Develop strong communication skills: Sales is all about communication. You need to be able to articulate your ideas clearly and persuasively. Focus on developing your writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Gain relevant experience: Look for internships or part-time jobs in sales or marketing. This will help you develop your skills and gain practical experience in the field.
- Build your network: Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and connect with professionals in the field. Building a strong network can help you learn about job opportunities and connect with potential employers.
- Develop your analytical skills: Sales professionals need to be able to analyze data and make informed decisions. Take courses in statistics, data analysis, and business strategy to develop your analytical skills.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: The sales industry is constantly evolving. Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies by reading industry publications and attending conferences and events.
Table: Top 10 Business Schools for a Career in Sales
|Top 10 Business School for Sales
|% Students going into Sales
|# Students going into Sales
|Harvard Business School
|Stanford Graduate School of Business
|Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
|Columbia Business School
|Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
|Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College
|Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan
|Fuqua School of Business at Duke University
|Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago
|Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology